Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Pretty Positives #6

Ok, so I'm struggling to think of positive things that have happened this week, but I accept that because I know that from time to time, my weeks go from one extreme to another in the fact that a million and one positive things could happen one week, and the next week could be pretty dismal, but that's life...
 
True.
* I'm getting used to my new car. The whole sensitive brakes and steering is a new one for me so they've taken a bit of getting used to. I've also discovered that my car has a lot more fancy gadgets than I originally first thought. I'm talking heated windows and seats, a fancy light that you can pop on if you're walking away from your car in a dark dodgy car park somewhere, maybe? I probably will never use half of these but its nice to know that they are there.

* I've finally bought a Parisian Nightstand that I've been after from Dunelm Mill for SO long. I've had my eye on it forever, and have been waiting for it to come down in the sale, but its never budged, so I've accepted defeat. It is a little expensive for what it is, but when you've wanted something for that long, you know its not an impulse buy that you'll late begin to hate. I don't have it in my possession yet as I've ordered it to be delivered, but it will take pride place in my hallway once we get it decorated.

* I've started reading a fresh new book this week (Jodi Picoult's 'The Storyteller') and I'm loving it!

* I've been eating more fruit this week as I was noticing my diet wasn't including a lot of fruit and veg. My favourites at the minute are Pears and Mango's. I've been cutting mangos up and taking pieces to work with me for my lunch and I've been really enjoying them. We've been having a few bowls of strawberries for after our tea sometimes too, admittedly these have been with cream & sugar but still.. its fruit :-p

* I've been exercising a little more by doing some dancing.. just round the house but it works up a sweat which is what I aim for. I've told myself to play more music round the house too because it lifts my spirits and makes me more motivated. I have known this for a long time but often forget how it makes me feel till I play it again. Because of this, I've told myself to invest in some form of radio for the kitchen. I did have a CD player in there but I didn't like the way it looked so took it away :-p I've noticed my boyfriend spends more time on housework when music is playing so I think its a win-win situation!

What are your positives for this week?



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I like this positives blog post - I like all your posts, always look forward to reading them :)
    Glad your car is nice, and I also love music on - I often put music on to do housework or for the girls - Amelia loves dancing to music in the afternoon (but kids music, unfortunately!)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig