Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Pretty Positives #9

Just believe


This week I feel like I've accomplished a lot, even though they may not sound big from outsiders.

* Home interior - Me & Mike really cracked on with the hallway at the weekend. I was getting stressed because I felt like the weeks were ticking away with nothing being done, so I made sure we did something this weekend. We've glossed pretty much all the stairs, which actually took a lot longer than I originally thought! There's so many nooks and crannies that often go unnoticed till you start doing such jobs! The whole glossing malarkey is going to take longer than expected too, because we're painting gloss on gloss, which in areas isn't going too well! So we're having to revisit it once its dry to re-paint over the bits that didn't take the first time. I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere though. We also went to look at carpets to get some rough quotes, which are more expensive than I anticipated! But its still nice to have a figure in my head to work off.

* In regards to my diet, I think I've finally hit a turning point. I'm not sure what pushed me to do it, I think its been little things over the last few months that have mounted up. Basically I got into really bad eating habits (and I mean really bad!) to the point where I didn't even think about what I was putting in my mouth, but more dangerously, the lack of guilt I had about it. Over the last few months, I've noticed my body starting to change in different ways, things are becoming more of a struggle, and I genuinely feel ugly all round now. A while ago I began sticking to wearing skater dresses to hide my horrible thighs and stomach, and now I even feel ugly in one of those. Anyway, getting to the positive! A turning point happened on Friday where I had this huge wave of determination hit me, and since Saturday, I've been making more, lets just say 'wise choices'. I'm not going to say I'm on a diet, because I'm not, I'm just cutting out a lot of the crap I eat, and replacing it with a healthy choice. I'm not going to refrain from having anything sweet (my weakness), I'll just try and have it in moderation instead of overload. I have been working with a client who is seeing a health trainer at work, and they've been focusing on the Eat Well plate, which made me really think about my diet. So - the healthy choices I've made in the last 3 days are:
 - On Saturday I almost grabbed a bag of crisps for breakfast. I told myself off for this, and opted for granola and yogurt instead.
 - On Sunday I was asked on two different occasions if I wanted anything from the shop as Mike was popping into town. Normally I would has asked him to bring me chocolate back, but this time I said no, twice!
 - I had a drink in a cafĂ© today with a client - Usually I'm naughty and opt for a luxury hot chocolate which consists of either hot chocolate, whipped cream and marshmallows, or the chocolate ladle/dipper. However I opted for a cup of tea.
 - I walked round 2 supermarkets with a client - Here I wouldn't have thought twice on popping a chocolate bar in my basket to go with my lunch.. However, guess what.. I never!

I know these are only small steps but these are big for me because of the amount of crap I usually eat! I have a figure in my head of what I want to get to weight wise, by the time the month is out. It is more than achievable if I work at it. All fingers and toes crossed!

* I feel like spring is slowly springing! I've noticed we've had a few sunny mornings this past week, which I love because it really motivates me to crack on with housework and bizarrely helps me feel more inspired. I love these kinda moods!

* This isn't so much my positive, but a close friend of mine had her baby last week. I haven't yet met her but I'm sure I'll be doing that very soon!

* I visited Lincoln on Friday with a client. It's always nice to get out of your hometown and venture somewhere different. I like change. We had a nice meal in Nando's (I think this was just before my wave of diet determination happened!) and I managed to pick up some cute bits from Primark. I always love a decent Primark store.

Those are my positives for the past week! What are yours?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig