Wednesday, 7 January 2015

2015 Diary Events

 
I love starting a new year because with it comes new adventures and celebrations, and as we all know, I love a good adventure, whether it be a small day out, or a huge holiday. I also love to fill my diary up with celebrations, whether they are for myself or others.

I write this post because 2015 is a big (ish) year for both myself and a lot of my friends. It's the year we all turn 30. I'm glad to say I don't feel 30, I'm proud to say (and I know everyone would vouch for me) that I don't look 30 either, which goes in my favour. Sometimes I also feel like I don't think like a 30 year old. That's not to say I'm immature, but at times I worry too much (usually about what others think of me) and need someone to say 'Kate, get a grip, you're almost 30 years old!'.

Turning 30, although doesn't feel a big deal, when I think about it, hard, it is kind of a big deal, knowing that you've travelled at least a quarter of your way through life. What's even more scarier for me than my friends is I've yet to start a family. Maybe this will be the year, who knows?


This will also be the year that I get fit... fit for 30 I'm calling it! Minus 1 lb and I'm the biggest I've ever been. Although I'm not enormous, I'm bigger than I should be for my height, and I've got to the stage where I just feel ugly in everything I wear. Everything. Before I used to be able to put certain dresses off and pull it off, feeling half adequate, but now what little bit of attractiveness I thought I had has been sucked out. You know how we all have our lazy PJ days, hair scraped up, no make-up, feeling totally ugly. I feel like that every day, fully dressed with a face full of make up. However this is where the battle begins - when it concerns dieting, my willpower is zilch. Complete and utter zilch. I'm a yo yo dieter, and have tried every diet under the sun, to only quit days, sometimes weeks later, because 'that cake' looked a little too good to leave alone. However, now I'm developing health problems.. relating to my weight or not I don't know, but something needs to be done. If I aim to start a family, something definitely needs to be done before I get to that stage, because it'll only get worse. Therefore this week I am starting Slimming World with my friend. I've done SW before but always by myself, so hopefully going with someone will give me the willpower I need.

Another huge thing that is happening this year is our holiday to Florida. Just me and Mike. SO excited! Its one of those holidays that needs months of planning because you want to make it as perfect as possible because it's not somewhere that you can visit every year (unless you were on bloody good money!). Florida holds a nostalgic place in my heart and I'm determined to make this the best one yet. This will be the last 'big' holiday we have before starting a family so I'm going to make it a good one! Also hopefully this holiday will spur my weight loss on - I want to make it to the water parks this year!


I'm sure there will be lots of smaller events that crop up throughout the year too, like my Grandad's 90th birthday which we're hiring a function room out for, and my friends 30th's. And all the little bits in between!

I can't wait to see what this year holds!

Do you have anything exciting planned for 2015?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig