Yep, you've guessed it, I missed last weeks pretty positive post, so here I am, posting 2 weeks worth of positives, although I can't even cast my mind back to last week so I'll just note what is at the forefront of my mind!
* Our hallway is 99% complete! Yes, finally after 3 months of doing it, we have a brand spanking new carpet down our hallway and up the stairs and new furniture/accessories. I love that feeling when you get a new carpet and it makes it feel like a whole new house.. I'm loving our hallway at the minute.. unfortunately its only an 'area' that you pass through as opposed to spending time in there, but sometimes I just want to sit on the stairs and enjoy the surroundings.. sad, I know!
There's still a few things that need to be done, (i.e. get some nice photos developed for my photo frame collage) and unfortunately I need to get the paintbrush back out again, but thankfully there's not a great deal of painting involved this time.. I think I'd shoot myself if there was! But yes, I'm much happier now its pretty much complete.. keep your eyes peeled for a post!
|source - weheartit|
* I've attended 2 social events in the past 2 weeks which is a biggy for me because for the most part, I tend to avoid them because I suffer with social anxiety. And yes, I have diagnosed myself with that but that's the only label I can put on it in order for people to understand. Maybe I'll do a whole new post on that too one day. But yes, I attended a works leaving do (3 people have been made redundant at work) so I kinda felt obliged to go to say my goodbyes. It wasn't as bad as I thought! As well as that I attended a bowling night with my boyfriends friends and their girlfriends/wives. I was dreading this because bowling is an activity where you are 'in the limelight' quite a lot, which I hate. I did feel awkward, but I tried to dampen this down with a few drinks, which I think helped!
* I had a clear out of my wardrobe last week and bagged up all my dresses that I couldn't fit into (which was pretty much 80% of my wardrobe). This has needed doing for so long so its nice that I've finally done it!
* I've seen my niece twice over the last couple of weeks, which has been nice. Because I don't see a lot of my brother anymore, I barely see my niece, so I really look forward to seeing her when I do. She's so cute and is growing up so fast. I always notice a massive difference in her speech and how she holds a conversation every time I see her.. I might be having her to stay over soon, which I've never done before, so that should be interesting! (and probably put me off kids for life by the time the morning comes! haha).
* This is a bit of a cheat one because it hasn't actually happened yet but I'm looking forward to it so I guess that's a positive in itself ;-) - For the next 4-5 weeks, I haven't got one full week at work, if its not me having days booked off, its bank holidays, and they're scattered all over the month of May which means right until the first week of June, I'm doing a 4 day week or less, which suits me just fine, and keeps me going :-)
* I've been trying to eat more healthy. My eating habits were just embarrassing, however I've tried to change them a little bit and so far I've had a 2lb weight loss. Its not massive, but its a start. I've also started doing some exercise too, although because of my headaches/drowsy eyes, I really struggle to exercise after work.
I think that's it for now!
What have been your positives from the past week?