Saturday 10 March 2012

March's Glossybox - 'Harrods Edition'

So excited to receive my box today, what a great start to the weekend!

I've learnt to avoid all blogs and facebook updates on glossybox spoilers, so apart from knowing the colour of the box, it was a complete surprise to me.


I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to the pale pink box that were regularly receive, but I think I prefer the glossy finish as opposed to the matte finish. Thinking about it, considering it's called 'Glossybox', why on earth aren't all the boxes glossy? This picture isn't showing its true colour, but for those of you that aren't aware, the Harrod's addition is a white box, which to me adds sophistication and luxury and feels a little more grown up than the pale pink?





Contents

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream. Lifts, tones, comforts. 30ml
YSL Youth Liberator serum. Anti wrinkle lift. Plump. Radiance. 5ml
Narciso Rodriguez - For her Eau De Parfum. 1ml
Burberry Lip Mist. 0.8g
Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily Moisture bath and shower Gel. 50ml




Sporting the Burberry lipstick



Opinions

Overall I am hugely impressed with this months box. There's a fantastic mixture and all very high end products.
My favourite product is the burberry lip mist. Absolutely adore the packaging and the colour is right up my street (I received 202 'Copper', although the photo above doesn't show its true colour so I added one of myself wearing it). Because this is a lip mist, you do have to apply several coats to achieve a noticeable finish, and because of this I'm a little worried due to the size of it and knowing it is going to reduce in size pretty fast! So I'm gonna keep this for my weekend break in London because it's the ideal travelling size.
The YSL youth liberator serum is yet another anti-ageing product, however I am going to give this a bash, simply because of the brand, haha.
The perfume I was a little apprehensive about because every perfume I have received from GB since it started last May, I have not liked any of the perfumes, so I thought this would be yet another one to join the never-ending pile of neglected scents, however I was pleasantly surprised. It's not something I would normally go for (I tend to like sweet girly smells), this is a little more grown-up, but I wouldn't put it into the category of the 'mature' lady, like I have the others. This is definitely another I will be taking away with me.
If I'm extra picky I could say that although Molton Brown being a high end well loved brand, I'm not too keen on the scent of this shower gel due to its spiciness. However that is down to personal preference but I'm still happy with the product I received :-)
Also the Clarins Extra firming body cream - due to its size, I'm guessing you probably wont be able to see huge results with this, I can imagine within a few applications this product will be gone before the magic can really start, (due to having to apply it all over the body) so if you're into your body firming products a repurchase would definitely be on the cards.
One more thing... for some reason the prices of full sized products weren't stated on the cards this month and I kinda missed that. Whether Harrods didn't want to put customers off before reaching their site who knows?!

Overall a great box and a great start to the weekend!

What did you receive this month? I love comparing boxes!








SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can't wait to get mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a great glossy box this time!!! Some fab things to try!

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig