Saturday 28 December 2013

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas...

I wasn't going to do a post focusing on Christmas (that has swam past us like it never existed), but then I felt like it didn't seem right to continue with posts without a mere mention of my own celebrations.

This year was a very quiet one for us. Myself and my boyfriend exchanged presents in the morning, then went over to his parents house for Christmas dinner, just the 4 of us. We were later joined by my boyfriends younger sister and his nephew, before resorting back home to chill.

Christmas in my living room...


The last few days have been a bit of a blur if I'm honest (and no, not through alcohol either!). We actually braved the boxing day sales yesterday (and was so surprised (but glad!) of the lack of crowds!). I picked up a few home accessories which will be coming in a blog post shortly.

Present wise, I got pretty much everything I asked for. As many of you know, I love to travel (whether it be in the UK testing out new hotels, or further afield), so one 'main' thing that I asked for was a night/weekend away. Although that hasn't been booked yet as such, the main focus is there - Mike got me a pair of tickets to go and see Ant n Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway in Manchester. I've got a bit of a thing for Dec (for those that get them mixed up, its the smaller lighter coloured hair one!) so that along with a weekend in Manchester is right up my street. We both love Manchester, and have visited there a good handful of times since being together, so its becoming tradition to go there on a break now! My crafty side also asked for a sewing machine. Now I didn't think I was going to get this because my boyfriend believed it was going to be one of those 'fads' that I'll use a few times then it'll never see daylight again. Because of this, he didn't overly splash out on one, 'just in case', but instead got me a middle of the range one. Although he did promise that if I 'prove' I am using it enough, he will buy me an upgrade!

My Presents..


I also got lots of vouchers to spend it various shops, nail art goodies, home accessories, candles, bath products, PJs, notebooks and way too many chocolate treats that I am now officially sick of the sight of! (and yes, I did just say that!).

I'm sad that my Christmas holidays are almost over. I have just the weekend left to play with then I'm back to the grind. New Years Eve is going to be another quiet one for us. We've decided to go for a meal then see where the night takes us (home, probably!).

How cute are these wine decorations? I won them (and the wine!) as part of a hamper...

 
I hope everyone had a fab Christmas!
 
 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Looks like you had a lovely present and got lots of great gifts!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig