- I've begun a new hobby - I'm slowly teaching myself how to knit. A knitting magazine caught my eye last week whilst in Tesco - it was an introductory magazine for 99p and came with 2 knitting needles and 2 balls of yarn.. how could I refuse?! You get the magazine each week and every week you knit a new square. You eventually (after 90 weeks!) create a gorgeous knitted throw with all different types of stiches.
- I started Slimming World with my friend, and in 3 weeks I've managed to shift 8.5lbs which I'm pretty happy with! I feel more determined than ever now and Mike's starting to give me pretty good incentives to keep me going (my first one being if I lose a stone by the end of Feb he's going to treat me to 10 Lush bath bombs.. too cool to refuse!). Weight has been a huge hang-up of mine for a few years now so I'm determined to finally fight it.
- I read a fantastic book this month that has gone to the top of my 'favourite book' list.
- This kinda goes hand-in-hand with the one above, but I'm making more of a conscious effort to read more, and I've almost finished my 2nd book this month (usually it takes me approx. 6 weeks to read 1!)
- There's an area of my life which I'm not entirely happy with, and I've took the first step in doing something about it, and this has now progressed onto the next step, so I'm super excited to see what happens (wont into too much detail but I will reveal all if it pulls off!)
- I've finally started painting a wardrobe that has been in my garage for 18+ months. I'm hoping to transform the back bedroom into some form of bedroom, instead of a dumping ground, and this was my first step!
- I've been having a lot of Lush baths and really enjoying them... trying to make the most of them because I don't tend to have baths in the warmer months...
All in all, a pretty successful month with some quite 'big' tasks accomplished.
What are your monthly highlights?