Saturday 10 February 2018

Frezyderm Hydrating & Repairing Facial Cream

It's been a long time since I last made a blog post about a beauty product, but this one deserves a mention.

A couple of weeks ago I won a competition, and the prize consisted of a bundle of skincare. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of the skincare brand before and was quite shocked when I realised how much these products were retailing at on their website.

A bit of background on my skincare routine (or lack of..) - It's basic, like really basic. I don't have lotions and potions that I apply every morning and evening, and to be honest, I've only recently in the past year or so been using moisturising cream. Yes, I know, its really bad. But I've just not found a moisturiser that's right for my skin. I'd either break out, or apply it under my foundation and my make-up just wouldn't 'sit' well on top of it. I gave it up as a bad job and around 6 months ago, finally settled on one particular day moisturiser that suited me well, but I used it at night instead. I've always received compliments on how 'youthful' and 'glowing' my skin looks, so I was always happy with how I did things.

After receiving my prize bundle, I gave the moisturiser a whirl. Being sceptical because of my relationship with moisturisers, I wasn't all that hopeful, however there are a few key things I would like from a moituriser, the first one being how well it absorbs into the skin. I hate how after applying moisturiser, half an hour later and the face still feels tacky, however I was amazed at how quickly my skin drank this up. Not only that, but how velvety soft my skin felt within minutes after applying. I couldn't stop touching it! It had the same effect that a favourite primer of mine has, so it definitely got a huge tick in this area!


An hour after applying, I was getting ready to go out for a meal, and begun applying my foundation. After nearing the end of applying my make-up, I noticed my skin looked different, like I had applied a brand new foundation. I looked closer in the mirror and was baffled as to why my make-up looked flawless - I had only used the same products that I always do. The appearance reminded me of an old favourite foundation of mine, Estee Lauder, that I hadn't used in years! Then I realised... it was the Frezyderm Moisturiser I had used earlier! I was amazed! It is worth noting that this moisturiser is targeted for ages 30+, so is designed to target areas where the skin (sadly) starts its ageing process.

This product claims to hydrate and restructure skin and has collagen boosting and elasticity improving properties. It's obviously early days in order to comment on this but I have definitely noticed a change in the appearance of my skin under make-up and that alone I am happy with.

The packaging is rather unique too. The bottle comes in a perspex 'capsule' almost, which can either be kept in this or taken apart. This gives the product a more luxurious feel. I occasionally find the pump applicator a little difficult to use, but it definitely doesn't effect my opinion of the product overall.


I've been using this a few days and haven'd had any break outs. Is it going to be a repurchase at some point? I think so!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig