Wednesday 14 September 2011

Burberry 'Body' - New Fragrance

So a few weeks ago I noticed Burberry was giving away free samples of their new perfume, 'Body'. Now if you're anything like me, you love a good sample! I've never tried any Burberry perfumes before, and (to be honest) have always associated the brand with 'chavs' with the whole chequered scarf and cap...
However, I wasn't gonna let that put me off receiving a free sample, and I'm glad it didn't!

It came through the post today and is one of those typical 2ml pump bottles that you get as samples, which I personally love because they are great for a night away somewhere, without having to carry a hefty perfume bottle with you. My samples are slowly starting to stack up now ;-)

No matter how much I smell my wrist, I'm no good at distinguishing what I think a perfume smells like, so here goes, courtesy of the Fragrance shop website...

'A luxury fruity chypre, the fragrance starts with notes of fresh green absinthe, with hints of peach and freesia. Rose absolute, iris and sandalwood are at the heart of the scent, and in the base is woody cashmeran and creamy vanilla.'

I don't know about you, but even reading the contents doesn't help!

However! I do like this perfume... it's not something I'm totally in love with, but I do like it. I'd say its a night smell (by that I mean I think its a little too strong to wear in the day, but would be good for a meal/night out). It's a sort of musky smell with a hint of sweetness to it. I'd say its quite a timeless scent but can't imagine anyone too young liking this...

The cheapest I've found it is £42.99 for 30ml, so possibly just a little above average for what I'd pay but depends what your taste is!




What's your favourite perfume of all time?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig