Sunday 29 December 2013

Sale Buys: Shabby Chic Home Accessories

A few years ago on boxing day I'd find myself rushing to all the clothes shops, raiding the rails for the best bargain dress. Now I find myself scouring all homeware shops instead, attempting to find cute little accessories to add to my home. How times change.

I was extremely grateful that the Boxing Day sales in my town were no way near as crowded as I'd anticipated, therefore giving me the ability to leisurely browse the aisles. In doing so, I managed to walk away with a few treats.

Being from a small town, I don't have a great deal of choice when it comes to home interior, or everything for that matter. I do usually shop in a larger city when I can, but with not having this planned, I had to work with what I had.

BHS had a really good sale on their home accessories. I've bought a few things from there in the past and I'm always pleased with their quality.

Jug - RRP £15. Sale - £7.50

This rose embossed jug/vase is from their Vintage Maison line. I've been wanting a jug for so long to pop flowers in, but have never been able to find the right one. This would look perfect both on my kitchen windowsill or even in my dressing room. I almost bought it at full price a few days before, so I was glad that I waited, being reduced by 50%.
 
Clock - RRP £12.Sale - £6
I was debating for a while whether to get this floral block clock or not, because I was undecided (and still am) where to put this. We are decorating our hallway shortly so I was toying with the idea of putting it there, but I'm not sure if it'll be wasted. Either way, its white so it's easy enough to place anywhere (when the time is right, no pun intended!)

Bird Dish - RRP £5. Sale - £2.50

I originally bought this bird 'dish' to put in our hallway once its done, beside the front door, so keys can be thrown in there as Mike (or myself) comes through the door. However after purchasing, I realized that in fact we both have a bunch of keys, not just one single one, so they wouldn't fit! So I'm trying to think of another storage idea for this! I know a few people store their rings at the bottoms... I'll get my thinking cap on! Either way, I couldn't leave this bargain sat in the shop at £2.50!
Book-ends - RRP - £12. Sale - £6
We don't actually have any shelves up in our house yet, but I definitely plan on getting some soon because I have books that need to be housed, so when I saw these in the sale for £6, I thought they were the perfect bookends. I probably wont put a picture in the middle, but the option is there in the future.




Hanging Heart - RRP £16. Sale - £6
I spied this on a random pop-up shop in our shopping precint. I've been admiring their home accessories for the last several weeks every time I walk past, but thought that most things were over priced. I re-visited when I noticed they were having a sale, and spotted this hanging photo plaque. I know the general idea of hanging photo frames have been around a while now, but I loved the detail on these wooden hearts, and thought it was a little more unusual than others that I have been seeing. My living room is (or was) teal, but I've been slowly (but accidentally) incorporating more blue tones into the room, so I'm hoping this wont look too out of place in there!

 
Have you found any good home accessories in the sale yet? If you've blogged about them, pop your links in the comments below!
 
 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I especially love that jug, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had looked around for more furnishings and room accessories in the sales - all of these items are so pretty, especially that jug! I may just browse online as I need to pick up a few nice but cheap things for my new room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the items you have brought! Bird Dish is gorgeous!

    http://kateheidi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig