Saturday 4 October 2014

Review: September's Degustabox

I received my degustabox last week but only returned from my holiday last night so have only just had chance to open it! (needless to say it was a lovely package to look forward to on my return!).

For those that are new to Degustabox, it is a monthly food subscription box delivered to your door every month. There are 2 boxes to choose from, an alcohol and non-alcohol version. Doing a review I got the opportunity to sample all items from both boxes.



Lets take a closer look...



Snacks




Pick Up! - (5 pack - £1.69)
I can honestly say I've never seen these in the shops before but I've just sampled the milk chocolate one and they are yummy! Perfect to stick in your handbag for on the go, or in your lunch box!

Elizabeth Shaw Mint Thins (£2.50)

I remember receiving something similar in my first ever Degustabox - these are very alike but mint infused.. I have yet to try these but can imagine them being like Mint Matchsticks - Either way, its chocolate so no doubt I'll love it! Elizabeth Shaw products always seem to be a winner.

Burts Lentil Waves (69p per pack)

When I first saw these and read 'lentil' I thought they were actual lentils! I was obviously so wrong! These are healthy alternatives to crisps, with only 99kcals per pack (perfect for that upcoming diet of mine!). With the 3 flavours provided (Thai Sweet Chilli, Sour Cream & Chive, and Lightly Salted) I can't wait to try these out!

Drinks






Once again Degustabox have offered us to try another cold tea variant. This time a brand called 'Little Miracles' (£1.59 per bottle). I've already tried the Lemongrass Tea and it was a really light refreshing taste, if a bit misleading! The smell of ginger is quite overpowering, but upon drinking it the taste just lingers in the background and is no way as powerful as the scent makes you believe! I'm not a huge fan of flavoured teas, however I am always open to new things so the remaining flavor (Green Tea) I will take to work with me on Monday and sip at my desk. Its nice knowing your drinking a bottle of goodness instead of some carbonated sugar filled gassy drink.

Crabbies Lemonade (£1.20 per bottle) - I really like the vintage look to this bottle... I may be sad and keep it! I have yet to try this but not many people can go wrong with Lemonade, and I'm expecting good things from Crabbies!

Crabbies Alcoholic Fruits (Zesty Lemon - 4%. £1.50 per bottle)
I'm not a huge alcohol drinker at all but I do love lemon flavoured things, of all varieties, so I may just have to give this a bash! The good thing is with its low alcohol percentage, this could even be enjoyed on a work night (should I push the boat out!).

Breakfast




I was mightily impressed when I saw Jordan's Granola in the box (RRP - £2.69). I often buy Jordan's cereals, and I love granola too, so this was a win-win for me. This granola has a hint of honey which sounds intriguing! I usually add yogurt and fruit to mine to add more flavor. I for sure know what I'm having for breakfast this coming week!

La Vieja Fabrica Marmalade (£1.59). There's not many things I dislike food wise, but marmalade is one of them. We received a hamper last Christmas with some marmalade in, and I'm afraid to say it's still sat in the cupboard unopened, so before I build on my collection, I'm going to pass this on to my mum as I know she occasionally enjoys it on toast.

Cooking Ingredients




Nestle - Carnation Cook with it! These fit perfectly into my cooking skills - I often make dishes that require cream (i.e. curries and carbonara's). I'm really naughty and usually buy full fat cream so the fact that these are 1/2 the amount of fat is a complete bonus for me as I usually feel really guilty after eating those meals! I'm actually cooking a carbonara tonight so I will definitely be using one of these!

Righteous - These are taster pots of full size versions of salad dressings (225ml - £2.49 per bottle). The flavours sound yummy. We have a lot of salads so I'll definitely get some use from these!

As always, Degustabox always take care when packing their items, glass items are always individually wrapped with extra bubble wrap to protect against any breakages. I was really impressed with this months box, and apart from the marmalade I think I will get regular use out of all of these food items. For £12.99 (inc delivery) why not treat yourself... although a little warning, they become addictive!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig