Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas Dining with Debenhams.

I'll be honest, I've never hosted a dinner party. Ever. I cook for both my boyfriend and I but cooking for others just.. scares me. I'm scared mostly for 2 reasons. 1 because I'm worried that they'd hate my cooking, or 2 - this is more self-doubt with myself that my cooking simply isn't good enough (even though it may be). Although I will admit, I'm a better cook than I am baker. It's a shame because not only would I love to host a dinner party (arranging table decorations alone excites me!) but we also have a 6 seater dining table in the conservatory (see below), so I can't even use lack of space as my excuse!


I am contemplating putting on a spread on Boxing day for the family, this may ease me into the real thing, but for now, lets pretend I'm cooking for 4...

Xmas Table Inspo

I have got my colour inspiration from my conservatory as it stands now.. I'm the type of person that likes things to tie in with the surrounding area, so table decorations would be no different!

From L-R.

Firstly, can we all take a moment to swoon over this beautiful Willis & Gambier Oak Dining Table. This is my perfect dining table - it has shabby chic, rustic and modern all bound in one. I LOVE the look of those chairs too - how comfy do they look?! I'd definitely be off to a good start if I had this as the base of my Christmas party!

These purple metallic linen napkins would look a lot more luxurious than paper ones, don't you think?! And why not splash out, it is Christmas after all!

Above those are some pretty star napkin rings. I think these would really stand out against the dark purple napkins, and keep them neat before use.

These gorgeous Royal Doulton twinkle crystal toasting flutes are so pretty and elegant. They even have hand-applied Swarovski crystals on them! Although these aren't in Debenham's Christmas range, the star design reminded me of snowflakes, and the fact that these are toasting glasses... when better to toast than at Christmas! I can imagine these to look so pretty when they catch reflections from the lights too!

I'd have two of these grey pillar candles lit on the table.. I love candles all year round, but even more so at Christmas time. I love the cute ribbon that is attached to these as well..

I'd place this purple beaded table runner down the centre of the table, which would be used to place most things on.. I think this would really set the table off, and protect the table top without covering too much wood (I'd want to show that off too!).

I'd buy a handful of these gorgeous Sass & Belle multi-coloured baubles which I'd hang on long purple ribbons from my fan on the ceiling which hovers just above the table. I'd team these with the purple glass baubles and have them hanging at different lengths. I think this would really add something unique to the room.

I don't think you can do a Christmas dinner without having some candlesticks lit. These pretty silver antique candlestick holders would be perfect for the job, teamed up with the purple dinner candles, I think the contrast of colours would be good here.

If you're having guests, you've got to have a decent set of cutlery going on. Unfortunately since I pinned this particular set to my Polyvore they have sold out, so I can't find a direct link, however I've found some similar which are equally as nice, which are the John Rocha 16-piece cutlery set.

I'm loving these beaded place mats - Not only would it protect the table top, but I think the plates would be really brought to life when placed on top of these. So pretty.

These Betty Jackson ombre wine glasses are perfect for people who may not be drinking alcohol and using the flutes. They would house soft drinks or water, and yet the guests can still enjoy a drink from a nice glass.

You can't have a Christmas dinner without pulling a cracker or two.. these silver mistletoe crackers look so pretty with their glitter and ribbon, and the prizes don't look too shabby either!

I love this snowflake bottle stopper .. the perfect addition to any bottle of wine or champagne that you may indulge in at the table.. its the little things remember...

This glittery reindeer ornament I think would make a nice addition at the top of the table.. a festive sparkly piece is always welcome!

I think this wooden light up Christmas tree is so simple yet to pretty.. it wouldn't take up too much room on the table. I would place this at the other end to the reindeer.

I'd use this crystal glass to put water and ice in.. I love the thick glass cut on this..

To add even more sparkle and glamour to the table, I'd use these silver table gems - I'd wouldn't want them getting in the way of my guests so I'd lightly scatter them on the table runner in between items.

How cute are these reindeer place card holders ?! I'd hand-make some name cards and place them in these.. perfect for those fussy eaters.. don't want anyone getting someone else's dinner!

This designer glass bulb vase I'd put some battery fairy lights in to create a glowing effect.. I love lights against glass and the reflections they create...

How can you have champagne without a champagne bucket ? Champagne on ice.. I think my guests will be returning!

You can't have a dinner party without some plates! This Royal Doulton 'Platinum' dining set is simple and subtle yet clean-looking and perfect. I always think food looks best on white plates!

There was something about these Denby dessert bowls that drew me in. Not only does the base/spine have a blue/purple effect to them which tie in with my colour scheme, the shape and design really make your dining experience a little more unique than the average  simple bowl from a dining set. I'd definitely replace my bowls from the Royal Doulton range with these, just to spice it up a little.

So now to imagine it altogether....

I'd definitely be closer to throwing a party if I owned all this!

How many are you cooking for this Christmas?

This is my entry to the 'I'm dreaming of Debenhams Dinnerware' competition to win £250 to spend at Debenhams, plus a Christmas hamper from them worth £150! Great, right?! But hurry, this competition closes at midnight on November 30th.

 
 
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig