Friday 25 September 2015

Review: August's Degustabox

Yikes, I'm a little late on reviewing this, but I have a good enough excuse.. I've spent half the month in Florida!

Thankfully last month's degustabox arrived the day before I was due to leave for the airport, so I had a very short amount of time to trial some of the foods before jetting off. That only meant that there were some lovely treats waiting in my cupboard for me once I returned!

Once again, my opinions on this month was very mixed. Some products excited me, but other products were unfortunately repeats of previous boxes, which seem an awful habit that Degustabox keep making, and I can only think that they are struggling to work with brands, which is sad because its such a good concept!

Anyway onto the food!




Barilla Arrabbiata Tomato & Chilli Sauce.
I'll be honest - I've yet to sample this, however we often have pasta dishes quite regularly in our household, so it'll only be a matter of time before this gets used!

Barilla Penne Pasta
Similar to above, still yet to try but this will go in our collection of pasta's. I will admit, penne is not one I often pick up, and only do so when I'm cooking certain dishes. I think penne works better with creamier sauce, just my opinion though!

Bahlsen Pick Up Chocolate biscuits.
If I remember rightly, this was one of the very first products I received from DB, however this has dark chocolate wafered between 2 biscuits, and I'm not a fan of dark chocolate so I'm not overly keen on these.

Bahlsen White Choco Leibniz
These were similar to above, but different chocolate flavours, this one predominantly being white. It satisfied my sweet tooth and I preferred it to the above.

Williamson Tea - Ginger Grove
Gonna be honest - Not a fan of flavoured tea at all. I've tried so many different flavours, at one point almost forcing myself to like it, but it just wasn't happening. This tea reminds me very much of a tea you'd drink steaming on a cold snowy day, therefore I haven't sampled it yet, however I will do, because I know how good ginger is for our body!

Fru Snax - Peach slices with vanilla yogurt melts
I received a handful of these in last months box so was a little bit disheartened when I saw this again because I hated the last load! These are ultimately dried sweetened fruit and they're really not up my street.



Life Tonics drink - Coconut & Mint
This is definitely either a love or hate drink, and I was swaying towards the hate. Its such a strange taste. You can taste both flavours equally and they're both pretty powerful, but I just didn't think coconut and mint made a good match after drinking a small amount of this. Sorry!

Little Miracles
Ahh, LM, you never let me down. Honestly, this is probably the 4-5 time I've received a LM item in the space of 1 year. They're ok but I wouldn't rush out to buy one.

Scheckters Organic Energy Drink
This is still sat chilling in my fridge. I will drink it, however I'm not a fan of putting energy drinks inside my body.. I once had one and it sent my heart racing.. not good!

Walkers Shortbread/Biscuits
Of course, being sweet, this was one of my favourite products. I'd already tried the shortbread one, and probably the oat n honey one (these are often provided in hotels alongside the tea and coffee). The fruit and lemon one though? Oh dear lord, it was divine and so not what I was expecting! Melt in your mouth heaven.



Ryvita - Cracked Black Pepper/Sesame
I only eat ryvita if 1) I'm in the mood, or 2) If I'm dieting/trying to be good. However this time I ate some of the sesame ones because after coming back from Florida, our foods were bare, and that's all there was left.. desperate times! To me, no matter what flavour the Ryvita is, they all taste very similar. They're good as an alternative to bread..

Delicious AlchemyOaty Cookie Mix.
I cooked this over the weekend and was SO surprised! Because it stated gluten free on the packaging, I was expecting a pretty bland cookie but wow, these tasted a mixture of flapjack and something else that I can't quite put my finger on! Melt in your mouth goodness!

Dr Oetker Mug Cake
I remember actually making one of these from scratch last winter after seeing it on pinterest. I'm si desperate to make one of these (especially the lemon one!) however you need a microwave to make it and ours recently broke so I'm still clinging onto them!

All in all, a very varied box for me again, however all still very exciting receiving food through your door!
If you want to give this monthly food subscription box a whirl, then pop this £3 discount code in at checkout AWDG4. You have a choice of selecting an alcohol box or non alcohol box, depending on your preference.
Keep your eyes peeled for next months review, there's an even bigger discount code coming your way!

For more information, check out their website, facebook and twitter accounts!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig