Monday 15 August 2016

Review: July's Degustabox

Another month gone, another Degustabox demolished.


Let's take a closer look...

Drinks (L-R)



Rejuvenation Water - RRP £1.99

I've tried all of their flavours before and honestly? They're not my cup of tea. Because they include natural fruit flavours and amino acids, personally the taste is bland and tickles my taste buds in the wrong way.

ALO Drink - RRP £2.45

This aloe vera juice drink was lovely. I discovered the exact same drink (but a different brand) in Tesco's about a year ago, I got addicted to them for several weeks, then they vanished and I could no longer find them, so this was a lovely surprise. They're not everyone's cup of tea but I love them.

Pineapple, Coconut & Lime Drink, by Cracket - RRP £1.50

For me, these flavours didn't work very well. You could taste each flavour equally as much as the next, and because of this, I found it quite overpowering.

Berrywhite organic drink/Cucumber drink

I wasn't a fan of these drinks either (Sorry DB!). I poured the cucumber drink into a bottle one day and took it to work... bad mistake. 3 weeks later and every time I drink water from it, all I can taste is cucumber. It's tinged the plastic and the smell/taste wont budge. Arghh!

Condiments



Sarson's Balsamic Vinegar - RRP £1.99

This was yet another DB repeat... I think I've got about 3 balsamic's sat in my cupboard now, growing old. Yes its nice to add taste to salads extra, but the repetitiveness of the products get tiring..

Felix Gerkhins - RRP £2.15

Sweet pickled crunchy gerkhins. I take the gerkhins out of my McDonalds burgers.. what more do I need to tell you?

Cereal



Jordans Swiss Style Muesli - RRP £2.79

I remember my dad giving me muesli one morning before an early morning trip to the airport. I wasn't overly keen then, however years later, my taste buds seem to have grown an even bigger barrier against the stuff. Definitely not for me.

Snacks (L-R)



Brookside Chocolates - £3.40

I was apprehensive about these when I saw it said 'dark chocolate' on the packaging, however these became surprisingly moreish the more I ate, to the point where I was disappointed when I had hit the bottom of the packet! There appeared to be 2 different berry flavours going on, they were different but so good! I'm not sure I'd pay the full RRP price though!

Seabrooks Lattice Crisps - RRP £1.99

Yum! These were gooood!

Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles Infusions - RRP £1.29

Who doesn't love a good fruit pastille? Even better now they've released 3 new flavours, and this packet was full of them. Definitely too good to put down!

Bahlsen Choco Leibniz - 40p each (I was sent 4 but I ate 2 before the photo was taken!)

This is the perfect combination of chocolate and biscuit. They're great to shove in your bag and take to work. Great little sweet fix to see you through the day.

Itsu Crispy Seaweed Thins - RRP £1 (x 2)

I've tried crispy seaweed from the Chinese before, but never tried it like this. I can honestly say I wont be trying to again. The taste from the sea (salt & fish) was overwhelming and definitely not up my street.

All in all, a very mixed bag. I loved most of the snacks, but give me sweet things and you really can't go wrong. A lot of the drinks I wasn't keen on, but again, this is down to personal preference (although I will say I wouldn't class myself as a fussy eater in the slightest).

Degustabox is a great little monthly treat if you're a foodie like me. It sends approx. 12 items that has a retail value of over £20 but with my code (BLDEG15), on your first box you can get a massive £7 discount, meaning the total of your first box will be just £6! (inc P&P!)
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig