Cypriot potatoes are have made their way from the gorgeous island of Cyprus and are so versatile that they could be used in many dishes. They pride themselves in their 'rich, creamy yet earthy taste' and I can definitely vouch for that in this recipe.
Come watch me as I cook a Creamy Garlic Chicken & Potato dish with those lovely Cypriot potatoes!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes (150g approx.) (buy here)
- 65g Pancetta (buy here)
- 150ml Double Cream (buy here)
- 100g Button Mushromms (buy here)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (buy here)
- 200g 1 pack diced chicken (buy here)
- Wash and roughly slice potatoes into approx. 2x2cm cubes. Once complete, place into a large pan of water and add a sprinkle of salt for extra flavour. Put on a medium-high heat for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Wash mushrooms and cut in half.
- Peel and finely dice garlic gloves.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 6) in preparation for the garlic bread.
- Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and heat oil up until hot.
- Add chicken to pan and fry until white.
- Add mushrooms and fry until golden brown.
- Whilst these are frying, pop your garlic bread into your pre-heated oven.
- Add the pancetta to the frying pan and stir thoroughly.
- Whilst this is gently frying, add your double cream to a small saucepan and mix in the diced garlic.
- Your potatoes should now be thoroughly cooked. Drain and add to frying pan. Stir.
- Heat cream and garlic and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes until hot. Do not allow to boil.
- Add the cream to the rest of the mixture and stir thoroughly, allowing the flavours to absorb.
- Serve with garlic bread, and enjoy!
Please drop me a comment below if you try this recipe!