Monday 12 May 2014

May's Birchbox: Outdoor Adventures

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this months birchbox waiting on my desk for me when I came home from work today (I actually thought I'd miss it arriving what with going away). What's even better, my boyfriend didn't tell me I had received it till I wandered into my room some hours later, so a surprise in a surprise!

First of all, what a lovely box! It reminds me of a little oriental with the lotus flowers (err, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no flower expert) and the peacock feathers. It makes a change from the boring plain boxes.


L-R

Benefit 'They're Real'! Mascara. I've never actually tried this before and I know its on peoples hit list when it comes to mascara so I'm rather excited!

Imedeen Derma One (Lifestyle extra) - These are anti-ageing vitamins. I'm not a fan when they include tablets as their lifestyle extra, one because I am reluctant to put tablets in my body un-necessarily, and two.. do I really look that old?

Laura Mercier Face Polish - Another high quality brand that I'm excited to try. There's something about the word 'face polish' that makes it sound so luxurious, don't you think?!

Soigne Nail Lacquer. Mines in the shade 'Persimmon' and reminds me very much like Ciate's 'The Glossip' but a touch more orange. (I've just rummaged my nail polish collection and found an even better replica - if anyone has the No 7 'Tangy' - its pretty much identical to that). Unfortunately I'm not a massive orange polish wearer. Also this came in very swish packaging - boxed (which was very Chanel-esque!) and it was also surrounded in hard padding. I pretty much destroyed the box when I was trying to take it out though which was unfortunate!

Phillip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo. This claims to be refreshing on your scalp and I do actually use dry shampoo fairly often. This is the perfect size if you are going away for a night and don't want to wash your hair!

Aromatherapy Bath & Shower Oil. This comes in a cute little glass jar. It recommends you lather it on BEFORE jumping in the shower, or use it as an oil in your bath. Its scent is Pink Grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry. I'm not a fan of grapefruits, in any form, so I was a bit apprehensive about this smell, however it doesn't smell too bad - it has an almost spicy scent to it, which isn't high on my list but good for travel, nonetheless!

Are you happy with this month's Birchbox?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a pretty box compared to the usual! I've also be dying to try the Benefit 'They're Real'! Mascara! Be sure to do a review on it as I'd love to read it x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive just purchased a full size of this so keep your eyes peeled for a review! X

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig