Wednesday 26 November 2014

Christmas Parties with Debenhams

The big party season is fast approaching and I know I for one am in the process of deciding what to wear. I'm attending a works masquerade themed ball so I'm looking more on the glamorous/formal side as opposed to on-trend statement pieces. However! Being still fairly young myself, I didn't want to banish statement fashion altogether and dress old before my time...
I don't often have the opportunity to go into a Debenhams store, simply because we don't have one locally, however I did pop into one last week when I was on a city break and managed to pick up some really good Christmas gifts. I always forget how wonderful that shop is! Since then I've been browsing Debenhams website for Christmas party ideas and this is the style I'm hoping to achieve for my ball...
Debs Party
The Black flock glitter embellished dress is beyond perfect for my figure. Having a curvy shape I need to accentuate the positives and downplay the negatives. The skater style cut is perfect, masking my lumps and bumps and (hopefully!) accentuating my bust! I love the unique neckline on this, and how the dress dips into a small U shape.. Because of this I don't think any necklaces are required - Never take the attention away from an already interesting neckline because you can overdo it! Also, not only does the big bow add simple yet effective detail to the dress, it will hopefully hide any sins around that area! The print itself I thought was elegant with a touch of festiveness with the glitter background, without being over-kill.

I still wanted a statement item with my outfit to add a little uniqueness, so I opted for this Coast Pizzaz clutch bag. I love electric blue so this was right up my street. It's bright and bold and spices a formal outfit up without being too extreme.

I wanted to tie the bold blue in a little more, so I opted for a few elegant jewellery pieces, the first one being this pretty Mood Luxe Blue Stone Bangle - I think this is the perfect combination of statement and elegant rolled into one.

The Jon Richard earrings are so gorgeous don't you think?! This kind of stone always reminds me of Kate Middleton's engagement ring that went viral in replica's. Due to wearing no necklace, I always think its fine to go a bit wild with earrings, as long as you avoid looking like Pat Butcher! I thought these were the perfect drop length, they ooze elegance, and both the blue and silver tie in perfectly.

When I go to a more formal event, I tend to wear my hair in a low bun to one side of the face, this way the earrings are on show and there's no fear of hair frizz! To add a little glamour to the hair, I have opted for this Jon Richard Vintage Flower Hair Comb. So pretty and I can imagine this to catch any light reflections in the evening and make you sparkle!

Shoes are something I occasionally struggle to team with an outfit, and I find myself not being very adventurous with styles. Again, I've gone for an elegant shoe, and decided on these Black Beau Court Shoes. I'd wear nude tights with the dress as opposed to black, simply to enhance the style of the shoe and the pretty bow. They're not too high so hopefully won't make you crippled before the dancing commences!

Are you going to any themed Christmas parties this year?

This blog post is an entry for Debenham's Christmas Party Outfit Competition.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig