Tuesday 17 March 2015

February's Degustabox

This blog post seems to have slipped the net - I honestly thought I'd wrote it .. I think those blogging fairies stole it in the night!

Anyway! For those of you that aren't regular readers of mine and have no idea what Degustabox is - It's a monthly subscription box that is delivered to your door, full of food! It allows you to sample the latest foods on the market and try things that maybe you wouldn't have purchased on your average weekly shop - I am definitely adventurous when it comes to food, and I'm not scared of saying 'yes' to new things,  however I know a lot of people are, so this may be a great box to help you step outside your comfort zone in regards to food..

I was massively impressed with Februarys Box. Probably because I was drawn to the naughty foods more than anything!



Lets take a closer look...



Shwartz Flavour Shots (in Spanish Paella & Indian Mild Masala Curry) - £1.40 each
 I'm going to be honest - These are getting a little bit repetitive now. Flavouring chicken and dishes is all well and good but when you start to see it in ever other box it gets a little bit tiresome. They are really convenient and add great taste so thumbs up to Schwartz, but thumbs down to Degusta for continuing to include them in our boxes!

Peanut Hottie Hot Drink - £3
Ahh I was so excited when I saw this - I've seen it doing the rounds on a few people's instagrams and it sounded like my ideal drink - I love anything associated with peanut butter, so I couldn't wait to give this a whirl. Although it tasted great (and definitely reminded me of Reece's pieces!) it was a little on the 'thin'/watery side in terms of consistency so the texture wasn't doing it for me. I may try add milk next time and see if that thickens it up a little.

Melba Thins - £1.39
I've had something very similar before and I find them really hard to work with in terms of filling, because they are so tiny you can only work with certain things... They are a good alternative to bread but I can't say I'd repurchase these.

Jack Links Beef Jerky - £1.39
I don't know if I've ever had proper beef jerky before - I always see it in the supermarkets and get a little intrigued. I ate this and I don't think I'd repurchase - it's not my ideal snack at all.

Beet It - £1.85 each
These sports bars are meant to lower blood pressure and improve sports performance. I think it recommended eating 2 hrs before a work out, which is what I did before I went to the gym. It looks like red flapjack in appearance, however I couldn't hack the taste of this unfortunately. After a few seconds the beetroot flavor really kicked in and definitely didn't tickle my tastebuds! I'm not one for protein based foods so I should have known really...


Laimon Fresh - £1.99
This is one of the first things I ate/drank from this box, and it didn't disappoint. It reminded me of a mint (non-alcoholic) mojito I had in Florida once. So freshing, a gorgeous mixture of lemon, lime and mint, and had a gorgeous almost menthol sensation going on at the back of the throat, but a pleasant one. Although I think for £1.99 this is a little over-priced. Albeit the price, I would definitely repurchase this.

Whole Earth Peanut Butter - £3.19
This is a different take on peanut butter, this time with sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds... I've tried this both alone and in a smoothie and to be honest I'm not overly keen, I much prefer original crunchy peanut butter!



Lily O'Brien's Cocoa Cookie Crunch - £2.60
Oh.My.God - These were SO good! Bite size pieces of gorgeous tasting chocolate.. I allowed Mike to have 2 of these and the rest? I devoured them myself within an hour. Oops. So moreish, leaving you wanting more and more!

American Muffin Company Chocolate Brownie Bites (Gluten and Wheat Free) - £2.50
These are really convenient to sling in your lunch box for work. All individually wrapped and the perfect size. Unfortunately, probably due to them being gluten and wheat free, although the taste was ok, it wasn't as good as I was hoping. Although if I ever did have to buy gluten/wheat free products in the future for myself (although touch wood I don't!) I'm sure I'd be very grateful for these giving me a chocolate fix! But for now, its all full-fat dairy please!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig