Sunday 31 January 2016

January Round Up - Dublin, Baking, Lush and Decoupaging

So January (for the most part) has been super quiet, with lots of cosy nights in, and afternoons full of creative-ness!

I cracked open New Year in Dublin, and spent the first 2 days there, mostly eating and chilling, which I can't complain with!
 
The Gibson Hotel, Dublin
 
However the rest of the month has been super quiet, and apart from work, it has consisted mostly of lots of Lush bubble baths, reading, and trying my hand at decoupaging. I bought a white and grey key holder and revamped it with some gorgeous floral paper, and considering its my first time decoupaging, I'm actually quite impressed with the result! I really want to start some sort of creative business from home as a side job, but I just have no clue where to start (any business owners out there, give me a shout!). 
 
My first go at decoupaging a key holder

Book of the month

Christmas Lush Pud Bath Bomb
January also consisted of lots of crazy organizing and decluttering, moreso in the clothes department, but also in my kitchen cupboards. I've been clinging onto 6 red mugs for a long time now, even though my kitchen colour scheme is no longer red, but pastel shabby chic colours (and has been for 2+yrs!). God knows what I thought I was going to do with 6 plain red boring mugs.. but nonetheless, I've got rid, and its made so much space! It feels so much better opening a cupboard with shelf space where nothing falls out on you once the door opens! I also made a conscious effort to complete at least 1 mindfulness colouring page per month, and here is my result!


That's my January! It's gone in the blink of an eye... best thing of all, I completed my monthly NY resolutions with a few days to spare! (here is my resolutions post if you missed it). As you can tell, for the most part its been a pretty relaxing one, which wont be said for next month... I've got 2 separate weekends away plus a works night out, and Valentines Day.. best get my beauty sleep in whilst I can!

Have you done anything exciting this month?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig