Tuesday 5 April 2016

24 Hours in Liverpool

A day before Easter bank holiday, Mike and I, along with his parents, jumped in the car and took the 2.5hr drive to Liverpool. I was lucky enough to win a competition a few months prior on twitter. It included lots of nice treats and was for 4 people. It was Mike's mums birthday coming up, so we tied it altogether and treat her to a quick weekend away.

We arrived at The Holiday Inn on Albert Dock (our first freebie!), checked in and had a quick freshen up before heading back out to a nearby coffee shop for drinks and cake (our second freebie!). After filling a hole in our bellies, we headed to another one of the prizes; a tour of The Beatles Story Museum. Both Mike and I had visited here 8 years ago, so I could still remember bits of it. I'm not a big Beatles fan, but both Mike and his dad are so it made sense to do it again. We spent a few hours in there, then took the short walk back to the hotel.

We showered then headed back out again for yet another freebie - a 730 table booking at PanAm restaurant, which was also very close to the hotel. We were led upstairs and given a window seat which had fantastic views over the Albert Dock all lit up at night. I'm a sucker for good table views so I really appreciated this! The food was gorgeous, top quality meat and presentation was on point.




We left the restaurant and headed back to our rooms. I was shattered (long car journeys aren't good for me!) so I resorted to my bed and had an early night (old before my time, me!)

The next day we headed to the breakfast buffet within our hotel, chaotic but nice, we filled our tummies up, but leaving room for the afternoon tea we had booked for later!
We checked out of our hotel, had a quick mooch around the shops on the docks then made our way to the Liverpool wheel (fifth and final freebie!) whilst Mike's dad was bag watcher (that's what you get when you have a phobia of heights!). We spent 20 minutes on the wheel, seeing the sights of Liverpool, obviously not as scenic as The London Eye views, but still nice nonetheless.


We took a slow stroll into the centre which was only a short walk away. I may or may not have stocked up on a few Lush goodies! We then made our way to our Easter themed afternoon tea booking, which was about a 10 minute walk out of the centre (a review on this is to come!).

After this, we popped into The Cavern, more for Mikes parents to say they'd 'done it', before heading back to our car before our journey home.

A whirlwind tour of Liverpool but a lovely way to start the bank holiday weekend.

Did you get up to anything exciting?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig