Friday 25 May 2012

Interior Design - Table decor/centre piece

I've been in my house almost one year now and everything is almost finally done and how I like it (although I am starting to get bored of my bedroom now as that was one of the first rooms to be done, I'm almost ready for a change.. is this a girl thing?!).

Anyhow, for those of you that know, I have a conservatory, and have been itching to get in it in like, forever.
Over the months, it slowly became a room that housed the clothes horse, dining table and my cross-trainer. Yes, a concoction to say the least.

I bought a dining table around Christmas time with the intention of sitting at it every night with our tea because I didn't like the idea of sitting with it on our laps infront of the TV in the living room, stinking the place out. Buuut, (yes, there's always a but!) for those of you that have conservatories, you'll know they get preeeetty cold in the winter, and I mean cold. We do have a radiator in here, and air-con for that matter (although we haven't really used that) but it still didn't do a great deal, so the conservatory became like our enemy over the winter.

It was only last weekend that because I had a group of friends round for my birthday, did I actually set the conservatory up to make it look a little more respectable. I had been buying items for it for months, but was waiting for a sofa before I set up shop! But alas, I couldn't wait any longer.

In the meantime (jeez, this is turning out to be one hell of a story!) I had been searching for interesting table decorations as I knew our dining table would be the main feature of the room. And this is what I come up with.....




This is a really inexpensive but eyecatching item to have on your dining table and really simple and fun to make!
I used 2 square narrow vases (they were 99p from Morrisons!). I then bought a range of beads in different colours and sizes (depending on your colour scheme, also enquire to make sure they sink!). I then found a large tub of blue flat gem style glass beads from Dunelm Mill for £1.99. Gave all these a good shake. I then bought a cheap bunch of faux lilac flowers, pulled 2 heads off and dunked them in amongst the beads. I then added water and finished with a lilac floating candle. And wallah!

Have you got any fun interior design ideas you'd like to share? I'm always on the look out for my next creative project!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. this is so pretty, i love the bows on the chairs. so girly.

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig