Sunday 28 December 2014

December's Birchbox - 'Put on Your Party Shoes'

I've had this months Birchbox a week or two now, but obviously with festivities getting in the way I haven't managed to review it yet.

This month Birchbox collaborated with accessories designer Sophia Webster, so we received a gorgeous gemstone covered box.. I do love collaboration boxes!

First of all I want to apologise for the lighting.. you don't need me to explain why...
Secondly, for reasons that I'm not even aware of, I seem to be missing close up shots of part of this selection, I don't know how that happened so I apologise!



From L-R
Benefit Christmas Cracker (High Beam) - (Full prize £19.50)
I've tried High Beam before and remember liking it. I'm currently using a MeMeMe highlighter, so once that has finished I'll move onto this. This little miniature is perfect for travelling!

Elemental Herbology Facial Glow Radiance Peel (Full Prize - £40)
I've had other products from this brand before and remember liking it so I'm rather intrigued by this 'radiance peel'

Electric Hair Hydrate Shampoo (Full prize - £17.50)
This is meant to help repair damage and improve shine. Have yet to try but smells nice and fresh. With the size of this I may keep for a weekend away.


Eyekop Fat Eye Stick in 'Smoke' - £8
This creamy, easy to glide on charcoal crayon is perfect for creating a smokey eye.. I've yet to use it but have swatched it on my hand and it seems pretty easy to use.

Models Own 'Sardonyx' - £5
Before this box was released, Birchbox gaave us the opportunity to pick from a selection of colours that we would prefer to see in our box. I'm almost sure I didn't choose this red because I have a few red glitters now, so was a little disappointed when I saw this in my box. I do love nail polishes however I would have preferred to give another colour a try. This has a velvet top which I struggle to use as I hate the feel of velvet! Haha. I'm also not fond of the matte formulation of this glitter. I always think a glitter should do exactly what glitter is meant to do - sparkle! However this matte format takes the shine away..

Triology Rosehip Oil - (Full size - £16.50).
An oil for when your skin is in need of nourishment. I sometimes prefer an oil to moisture with than a cream... it tends to absorb into the skin easier. I have yet to try this however I'm a little disappointed that this doesn't seem to have a scent to it!


Sophia Webster Coin Purse Lifestyle choice - £25). I have actually taken a liking to this purse.. normally I think lifestyle choices are often too tacky to use, but I'm rather impressed with this one. It feels pretty good quality, I love the design (it's striped black and white on the back too). I was actually in need of a coin purse as well for when I downsize to smaller handbags, so this came at the perfect time!

So that's it! Another year with Birchbox! I have a full years worth of reviews on my blog now, however instead of leaving you 11 more links to previous months, just click on my 'birchbox' tag on the right hand side of my blog and it'll fetch you to them all.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig