Saturday 20 April 2013

The Chronicles of a Nail Girl: Spring has Sprung!

As we all know (well, I hope we all know!), I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to nail polish. I'll hold my hand up now and say I haven't got a crazy amount compared to some I've seen, but then I feel like I have above the 'average' amount. I don't know what it is, but I'm instantly attracted to nail polish and the bright colours. Some colours I swoon over and feel like I could eat them they are that pretty (you know how you get that sometimes with a certain scent, well I'm the same, but with colours as well.. weirdo I hear you say. Yep, ok. I'm a weirdo).

I've wanted to do this for so long now, but just never got round to it, but this afternoon, I spent an hour 'categorising' my polishes into colours and photographing them. This actually helped me realise which colours I definitely don't need any more of (I'm looking at you, baby pinks!), and also colours that I was lacking and could do with more of (Oh yes, always room for more).

I'm going to divide this 'nail chapter' over 11 posts, each featuring a different colour category, cos that er, kinda made sense.

Today I am going to showcare my favourite Spring polishes. I have been in the garden today for the first time this year, doing boring housey garden stuff, and because the sun has been shining brightly all day, I thought now is a perfect time.

 
Apologies for the lighting. Even thought it was a bright day, some of these still don't look their true colours.
 
As you will notice, I've got quite a few different shades of pinks going on there. Lets face it, what is spring/summer without pink?! Its one of those colours that seems to go with almost every outfit, so I like how wearable it is. As you can see, I'm also a sucker for BarryM. Cheap yet cheerful, and honestly pretty good quality.
 
From L-R
Barry M - Pink Flamingo (I remember when this was all the craze a couple of years ago, it was forever sold out in the shops!).
Barry M Pure Turquoise & Strawberry Icecream.
Barry M Gelly Hi Shines in Greenberry, Blueberry, Dragonfruit? (I only have 'dragon' at the bottom of the bottle and I was informed it was wrong!), and Prickly Pear.
Leighton Denny 'Babydoll', No 7 'Tangy' - This is the only orange I own, and I've only ever worn it on my nails once, it tends to go on my toenails instead, however I am adament I'm going to wear this more this year!
OPI 'If you moust, you moust'.
 
I love the Gelly paints, I do have another colour that didn't make it in this collection, simply because I felt like it was quite an autumnal colour. See if you can spy it in the next few posts!
 
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'd like to believe that all girls are suckers for nail polishes. The spring polishes you listed are very pretty. Loving the fresh colors. I don't see mint in the mix though. I think mint looks great for spring.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig