Saturday 12 July 2014

July's Birchbox - 'Sun, Sea & Sand'

I am overly impressed with this month's Birchbox. I love the broad selection of products which cover pretty much every aspect of a beauty regime, from hair to bath and aftermath (I'm a poet and you didn't know it!) ;-)


 From left:

Ultra Dex Fresh Breath Oral Spray (lifestyle extra) - £3.65. I can honestly say I've never received a breath freshener in a beauty box before, but I know some have. Its not often I use a spray as a freshener but I think I'll keep this for travelling (i.e. on planes). I've trialed it out and its pretty strong and minty compared to some I've used in the past, which is always a good thing.

Weleda Millet Nourishing Shampoo - £8.95. I've had a few Weleda products in the past but never a shampoo. It is an organic fortifying shampoo, smells pretty fresh too. I have quite a lot of hair and this 18ml tube would only just cover one wash (if that) so the size is a little disappointing but nonetheless, I'm glad to be trying this.

Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Menatour - £14.43 (random price, right?). When I first saw this I cringed at the colour - purple isn't really my colour. Then I thought it could be one of those magic lipsticks that come out a completely different colour on the lips. Wishful thinking, its pretty much the same shade, and is a cross between a pink and bright purple, a little too daring for me. Maybe I'll try dabbing the tiniest pop of colour on next time. It gives me a not very nice sensation on my lips too (and not the tingling menthol kinda sensation either!). I think the holographic style packaging makes this look pretty cheap too.




Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - £20. This claims to soothe, brighten and lift the eye area. I will admit I'm not a massive eye cream wearer. Its one of those products that I think I would never see a difference enough to realise. The only benefit I see from an eye cream is to soothe/cool down tired/hot eyes.

Whish Three Whishes Lavender Body Butter - £14.50. As soon as I saw Lavender my heart sank. I'm really not a lavender person, but then I read the card which states 'Not your granny's lavender'. So I was intrigued. It turns out I bloody love this scent. It contains shea butter, raspberry butter and aloe. It just smells so good and almost reminds me of holidays abroad. I couldn't stop smelling my hand once I had applied this. It claims to moisturize, firm and purify the skin and is full of organic ingredients. I really do just want to keep this for my next holiday!

Gilchrist & Soames English Spa Sea Kelp Extract Mineral Bath - £11.25. This is pretty much a glorified bubble bath, but it claims to give you a mineral spa type bath instead due to its ingredients. Its in gel form, which originally made me think it was a shower gel, but nope. This scent is a little too fresh and organic-y smelling for me, so wouldn't be my go-to scent of choice, but will still make a refreshing change... I'm all for giving things a chance!



After popping all my products back in the drawstring bag, I had a quick glance at the postcards that come with the box and my heart skipped a beat as I spotted my own face on one of the cards. I immediately felt like the whole world had seen me at some point over the last few days cos I know a fair few thousand of us are subscribed to this box! I was lucky enough to win May's birchbox in full-size samples after sending a photo in. Little did I know that they'd include me on the postcards. Lets just say I now know I wouldn't cope with fame very well, I'm too much of a private person and felt a little exposed! But nonetheless, I've had my 10 minutes of fame!

 
What did you think of this months Birchbox?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I was fairly impressed with this months birch box but the glossy box was better x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig