Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

I thought I'd get a festive tag in before the big day... hope you are all ready for the big day tomorrow!

On a scale of 1-10 how much are you in the Christmas mood?

I'd say I was about a 4/10. I'm working right up until 430 on Xmas eve and apart from the extra food that is going round, our office is lacking the Christmas spirit big time. I think I'm more looking forward to having some time off work than Christmas itself! I need to have children to help bring that festive mood back!

2. When wrapping presents is it a fail or are you a pro?

It depends what mood I'm in. This year I'd say I'm a pro because I bought loads of pretty ribbon (actual ribbon) of all different colours and patterns, and I've gone with brown paper for the majority of my presents to give it a bit of a vintage twist, so I'm quite happy with how they've turned out this year. 

google

3. When did you put your Christmas decorations up and do you do anything special while putting them up? 

This year I put them up the first weekend in December. And I usually try and get Mike to help me whilst listening to some Christmas songs, but that didn't happen this year and I ended up decorating the living room in a rush, with no help or music. Boring!

google

4. Do you get dressed up or stay in your pjs on Christmas day? 

I prefer to always get dressed before I go downstairs and open any presents. I have to feel like I'm ready for the day. Wearing PJs for a long time in the day makes me feel unmotivated and dirty.. I don't know why! I love my PJs at night though!

5. What would be your dream place to go during the Christmas season? 

I'd have to say New York.. ice skating at The Rockaefella Centre is always something that I've wanted to do.. Ice skating at night with that huuuuge gorgeous Christmas tree by your side. I'd love it!

google

6. What is your Christmas tree decorated like?

My Christmas tree is a little different this year and probably one of those that you either love or hate. I've had to go for a twig tree (see my Christmas home interior post) simply because I've had to downsize. I know people have these twig trees up all year round, however I've tried to bling it up with some baubles, and although I love it to look at, it just isn't the same.. 

7. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeers? ( without googling ) 

Yep, I know the song to this so as long as I sing it I will know each and every one.. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph!

google

8. Are you on the naughty list or the nice list this year? ( be honest ) 

I'd like to think I was on the nice list! I very rarely do anything naughty!

9. Name three things you love to do coming up to Christmas? 

Listen to Christmas songs
Bake 
Watch Christmas movies a few days before 

google

10. Any Christmas Wishes?
Hmmm.. not really?!

11. Name 10 Christmas songs you love? 
Wow, I can't even think of 10 but here's a few faves ...

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You
2. Fairytale of New York
3. Last Christmas

12. Name 3 Christmas movies you love? 
1. Home Alone
I know there are more that I like but I'm not good with movie titles!

13. Do you like white lights or coloured? 

I like them both - I think white lights look more classy and 'clean', whereas coloured lights look a lot more festive. I've actually become quite fussy with my lights - I hate those fluorescent blue type ones. I love the old fashioned traditional looking lights, it evokes a lot more memories for me. 

google

14. Which do you like a little better, Christmas day or Christmas eve?

Umm, I like them both for different reasons - Christmas eve because the anticipation is still there and I feel most festive at this time.. I like to settle down and watch a Christmas film after having a bath (this year with a lush bath bomb!). I may do some baking tonight if I have time too. Christmas day I like because it always seems to be full with things to do - present unwrapping, watching (arguably) good TV, eating yummy foods, playing games with family then tinkering around with any new gifts you may have received. 

15. What is your favourtie Christmas make-up look to wear? 

I honestly don't change my make-up a lot of Christmas day.. I'm likely to change my nails or go for a red lip but that's as good as it gets. 

16. Right now as your answering these questions, how long is it till Christmas? 

Christmas is tomorrow! Whoop!

google

17. Do you have any presents that you open on Christmas eve? 

Nope. I have noticed PJs is a very common thing to be opening on Xmas Eve - I didn't realise exactly how popular this is until this year. Everyone seems to be doing it!

18. Name three things on your Christmas list?
I actually don't have a Christmas list this year - The 2 main things that I want is dollars (for our Florida holiday next year) and Lush bath products, and I know that I have got both of those. 

19. Your having a down day, Your not in the Christmas mood. What do you do to change your mood and become Christmas happy? 

Listen to Christmas music and watch a Christmas film (preferably Home Alone!)

20. What is the best thing on your plate when you have your Christmas dinner? 

Definitely a good roastie and stuffing!

Merry Christmas!!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig