Tuesday 11 October 2016

Review: September's Degustabox

September's Degustabox was a mixed bag for me. Some things I enjoyed, others not so much.


Lets take a closer look...


Hartleys No Added Sugar Jelly Pots (50p each)

I think everyone has tried jelly at some point in their lives. These are nothing knew, but was nice to have a sweet treat in the fridge to enjoy every now and then. They're relatively healthy, easy on the pocket and great for kids too!

Cape Drinks (£1.59 each)

These carbonated drinks were hit and miss with me. I liked the pineapple and passionfruit flavour, however the peach & lychee, I unfortunately had to pour down the sink (I hate wasting food too!).

Emily's Crisps Crunchy Banana (£1.75)

Lovely packaging, however the taste of these will be a bit like Marmite, you'll either love them or hate them. I still can't make my mind up, however I shared these with a few people at work and none of them were keen. They are exactly how they sound - dried banana. There's only a limited amount of dried fruit that I like, and I can't decide if banana is one of them. Till then, I'll just admire the packaging design....

Say YES to No Bread Chips (£1.49)

These were a combination of break and crisps.. a little like croutons, but bigger and not as crunchy. They were pretty addictive and the flavour was yummy. I can imagine these to be perfect for dipping!


Teisseire Framboise & Cranberry Juice (£2.99)

I love this! I brought it to work with me and feel really posh with my almost flask-like juice bottle! Add water to this and away you go. The flavour is gorgeous and with the zero sugar, everyone's a winner!

Cirio Borlotti Beans (£1.89- pack of 3)

I'll be honest - these are still sat in my cupboard, I have no idea what to do with them. I've never heard of them before and don't know what recipe they'd go best with. I need to do some researching!


Get Fruity Bars (Tangy Pineapple, Coconut & Lime - £1)

These gluten free oat bars are the perfect friend for any health people out there! They're great to sling in your handbag on the go and have as a healthy mid-morning snack. A little expensive though for just 1 bar

Mrs Crimble's Fusilli (£1.99)

I cooked this last weekend for lunch and I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan. It tasted like proper diet food (which I'm guessing is the lack of gluten) but I definitely wasn't a fan.

Metcalfe's Popcorn Thins (£1.99)

I've really got into corn/rice cakes, even more so if they are topped with chocolate. Its a perfect guilt-free treat. These are really mourish and I'm not gonna lie - I sat and ate the whole pack.. in one. So light but yummy!

Chia Bia Whole & Milled Chia Seed Sachets (2 x £1)

Another item that's sat in my cupboard. No matter how many times I try these health things, they just wont agree with my palette, and chia seeds are one of them. I originally tried chia seeds in a recipe a few months ago for the first time and I hated them, so I wasn't too enthralled when I saw these in my box this month.

If you like the sound of Degustabox, I have a whopping £7 discount to offer you, just enter BLDEG15 at the checkout and you're away! Maybe you know a foodie who would like a box for Christmas (or even a small subscription?). What a perfect present!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig