Tuesday 24 January 2017

MY TOP 5 TRAVEL BUCKET LIST DESTINATIONS

We've all got a bucket list of some sort, so when I booked this year's holiday today, it got me thinking of the other destinations that I'd like to visit. Then I realised I'd never shared them with you!

Japan

Shibuya Crossing [source]
I've seen a few vlogs on Youtube over the years of people visiting Japan and its a country that I'd really like to visit, moreso for their culture. I've never been to a country where I've really felt like I've been in a completely different culture. I want to walk down the streets and around markets and think 'Wow, now that's different!'. Although I've been to many countries in my life, they've all been very touristy, and English. I want to have fun over language barriers, order off a menu where there isn't any English food present, and really feel like I'm in a different country, and I think Japan would be one of them.

I'd want to stay in a traditional Japanese hotel, complete with a proper Japanese bath. I'd love to see if some form of Geisha performance, as well as indulge in some crazy-ass shopping that they have over there, and of course cross the famous Shibuya crossing! This reminds me of Times Square, but on a much larger scale. I love Times Square so I think I'd like this too!

I love the fact that Japan has a mixture of both vibrant city life and the most beautiful scenery one ever did see.

Thailand

[source]
I know this has become overly populated with tourists in the last 5-10 years, and its on most back-packers itinerary, but I'd try and go to the less touristy hotspots, and find my own remote hideaway! Thailand offers the most beautiful beaches (Ko Phangan I'm looking at you!). This is the place to be for the full moon party, and although that looks a little too wild for me, I'd be happy to people watch from afar!

Santorini

[source]
Now I've been to Greece a few times (and I'm heading back there soon!) but there's something about Santorini that catches my eye every time. Those endless infinity pools against the crystal waters of the Aegean sea.. I could jump in every one. I love the white washed hotels/apartments, how they look so clean and bright, all nestled amongst one another on different heights. I love the effect it creates at night, the lamps glowing against the night sky. This would definitely be more of a relaxing holiday for us, something that we don't do very often.

Vancouver, Canada

[source]
Every time I used to think about Canada, I immediately thought 'Niagra Falls'. That was definitely a bucket list of mine, but up until a few months ago, I'd never really looked much further into Canada and what it has to offer. It wasn't until I had a conversation with a colleague who did some travelling a few years ago, and they commented on how beautiful Canada was, in particular Vancouver. I remember them setting the scene and I had a very clear image in my head, and knew I had to google this once I got home. I did this and the image in my head matched what I saw on the screen and they were right, it was beautiful. It was at that moment that I knew I had to visit. And this was that image...

San Francisco, USA

[source]
I've been to USA numerous times, and I've dabbled in a few areas across the states, but I always seem to return to the same places, in particular Florida. San Francisco really appeals to me for a few reasons, first and foremost, Alcatraz. For those that don't know, Alcatraz is a derelict prison in the middle of the sea that closed in 1963. I love anything crime related, and although airy, I can imagine this experience to be really insightful and thought provoking. Secondly, The Golden Gate Bridge. It's iconic and one that I'd love to walk across at night, all lit up. Finally, I'd love to see Lombard Street - purely for photo opportunities of course! Would you dare drive down that crooked street?!

Which destinations are on your bucket list? I'd love to know!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig