Thursday 20 February 2014

February's BirchBox!

 
 
So this is the first month that I've gone down to 1 beauty box a month after cancelling my GlossyBox last month, so I was hoping for a good box to help with my withdrawal, and it didn't disappoint.


Birchbox always seem to hit it right when it comes to variety. There's the perfect mixture of all products rolled into this box, so lets see in a little more detail what I received.

Gilchrist & Soames Shower Gel. When I first saw this I had a feeling it was going to smell a little herbal-y (if that's even a word?!), and I wasn't wrong. If you know me, you know I do prefer a sweet smelling shower gel as opposed to something more spicy, however unfortunately my friend who I normally swap items with at work (she's partial to a spicy smelling shower gel!) has gone on maternity leave *sob* so it's not as easy to swap items anymore. I will perceiver though. Full size this is £13.75.

Beauty Protector Oil. This claims to battle UV rays, heat and breakage. Its no secret that I'm not a hair person, however I have been forcing myself to use more products on my hair, and I've really got into hair serums and oils of late, so although this didn't excite me too much, its nice to add to the collection. Full size - £16.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I'm assuming this is a full size product that I received (worth £12), however me and liquid eyeliners just don't get on. I can't for the life of me apply them. I've tried many a times and failed each time. I envy those girls who have perfectly lined upper lids that look so effortlessly applied. The funny thing is, I don't even have a shaky hand, I just can't apply them, full stop.

Leighton Denny Nail Polish 'Coconutty' (this was a full size item worth £11). I love a good nail polish, and was glad that I received this colour because I was only thinking last week that I no longer have a pale brown polish due to my previous one going gloopy. Its actually a surprise that I only owned 1 pale brown polish, because I have duplicates of every other colour going! This one is perfect, with a subtle yet pretty gold shimmer running through it. Can't wait to try this.

Urban Veda Exfoliating Facial Polish (full size £8.99). The word 'polish' excites me, don't ask me why. I think its because it puts visions in my head of walking away with gleaming freshly primed skin. I have yet to try this out but looking forward to giving it a go.

Last but not least - this months lifestyle choice - a Green & Blacks dark chocolate bar. This is only a mini one, so is perfect for work.. it is dark chocolate, and is 70% cocoa so is very rich in taste (I've had one before). So I think its either something I'll save for when I'm in serious need of a chocolate fix and we have none in the house (!) or like I said, to take to work with me. This isn't something I would normally pick up from the shop, but dark chocolate is always a good one to have if trying to cut down on chocolate, because you never want as much!

Overall, pretty happy with this months box! A few products that I would give or take but for the most part, some ones that I'm looking forward to trying!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yep I agree this I a box with good variety and products. Too bad we only have Glossybox in Sweden because I'm pretty disappointed in that box!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love reading them :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig